He’s making a list, checking it twice…
So whether you’ve been good this year or you’re just really good at being bad, it’s time to send your own list to St Nick.
I’ve popped a little inspo below, whether you’re shopping for loved ones or yourself… hopefully you’ll find something that tickles your pickle.
The Outdoorsy Type
Gifts for the adventurer in your life!
1.GoPro – to capture the adventures and relive them for a lifetime
2. Glamping Tent – For the “I’m outdoorsy in that I like to drink wine on terraces” sort of loved one.
3. Inflatable Kayak – You never know when this’ll come in handy!
6. Flask Cosy flask to keep your tea/mulled wine warm. Particularly good for the hunting/fishing/shooting type.
13. Adventure Kit – For young adventurers
14.Steel Fire Pit – For when you want to feel outdoorsy from the comfort of your own garden. Marshmallows not included.
The New Home Owners & The House Proud
Perfect pressies for those just getting set up, or those who fancy a bit of a refresh. Great “joint gifts” for couples, too!
3. Sonos Speakers – The gift of music, wirelessly, throughout the house. We use these, they’re life changing.
9. Blue & White Porcelain Dog Bowl – For the classicists with a sense of humour. Also top of Mr Custard’s list.
12. Winter Home Scent & Candle – Heaven scent
13. Travel Backgammon Set – A must for every household since the 70s.
14. Personalised Stocking Bag – Who wants a stocking when you can have a whole sack?
15. Le Creuset Cast Iron Pot – A gift for a lifetime’s use
16. Soft Sheets – The gift of a good night’s sleep and better skin? Priceless.
17. Cream Nespresso Coffee Machine – Espresso yourself!
1. Christmas Hamper – The cheat’s way out, and they’ll love you for it!
4. Wooden Advent Calendar – A beautiful festive tradition that’ll last through the years. So much more special.
6. Alpine Eden Mill Gin – Particularly good for mothers who will no doubt deserve some after all that Christmas prep.
11. Roses Cake Pan – A rosy treat for the baking mad
12. Collection Coffee Blend – Mostly for the packaging if I’m honest
This is enough to make me want sprogs!
1. Activity Set – Perfect gift for busy littles. All natural, all good.
2. Christmas Jumper – Compulsory.
3. White Horse I mean, who doesn’t want to wake up to a pony under the tree?!
4. Animal Crayons – Easy for little fists to hold onto.
5. Sophie The Giraffe – The gift for babies. Trust me.
6. Make your own Paper Rocket – Feed their imagination. Combine with #4.
7. Personalised Bunnies – The “I love you to the moon and back” bunnies, with your names embroidered. My fave Littles option.
10. Retro Racing Car – I won Christmas with this gift last year. Just saying.
11. Christmassy Onesie – LOOK AT IT!
12. Ride On Pony – See reason #3.
13. Box of Tricks – Buy this, then start practicing your face of amazement.
The Silver Fox
Once you reach a certain age only the best will do. No gardening shears or socks this year.
3. When Life Gives You Lemons Deck Chair – Maybe His’n’Hers for the garden?
8. Polka Dot Pocket Square – For the refined gent
9. Oversized Knit Blanket – A big, snuggly, heavy knit blanket for snuggling under. I have this, it’s the dream!
16. Royal Collection Tea – The priceless gift of a good cuppa (in a lovely box to go on the kitchen shelf)
If she lives for fashion, she’ll love any/all of these!
1. Valentino Tote – A total splurge, over the top, wow gift. Big enough to slip a laptop/ipad into. Smart enough for work, chic enough for every day and dress up. A real all rounder!
2. Rose Gold Water Bottle – Every fashionista knows that the foundation to looking good is drinking lots of water. This is a chic little update on an essential she’ll love having on her desk.
3. Velvet Jewelled Flats – The ultimate festive flats (with a high st price tag – for the luxury ones go here)
4. Silver May Sparkler –
“White topaz is said to foster success. It helps to clarify your thoughts and manifest your intentions into reality.
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed and all over the place, you need a little more white topaz in your life.”
What better gift than a lifetime of success and a little sparkle to go with it?
9. Pineapple Sneakers – A lot like the Gucci ones, a lot cheaper.
10. Embroidered Burgandy Bra – Only if you’re dating her!
12. Satin Bow Heels – Designed by Sex & The City’s very own shoe goddess: SJP – a shoe lover’s dream come true!
13. Silver Snowflake earrings – Beautiful and inexpensive.
16. Black Bowed Mule Flats – Ahem, top of my list Santa…
21. Trio of Bangles – Handmade with love, mixing tones means they go with everything and will last a lifetime.
Let’s not pretend it’s just ladies who like to get spruced up! He deserves to look his best too.
3. Cufflinks – Handmade cufflinks in fearsome tiger’s eye or amber
4. Tortoise Shell Sunglasses – Good enough for Steve McQueen
8. Skull Cream Cableknit Jumper – Killer twist on a classic & not just for Christmas
10. Camel Trench Coat – A serious investment in style. There’s very little more delicious than a man in a good coat.
13. Kiehl’s Moisturiser – A handsome man is a moisturised man.
14. Sandalwood Shaving Set – Smooth like a sexy sandalwood smelling dolphin.
17. Leather & Needlepoint Belt – Exclusively for chaps. The sort who proudly wear coloured chinos.
18. Purifying Mud Mask – Real men do face masks.
21. Tortoise Shell Glasses – Find out his prescription and hook him up with some gorgeous t-shell glasses
Cheap and Chic
Lovely bits and bobs that won’t break the bank. Stocking stuffers if you want, or just nice pieces for friends.
6. Chocolate Orange – It’s not Terry’s, it’s mine.
7. Feathers Paper Print – I have these marvellous prints up in my office and bathrooms.
They come in all kinds, and are really very beautiful. Incredibly cheap because they’re actually wrapping paper!
8. Embroidered Striped Shirt – 100% cotton, 100% adorable
16. Sweet Shop Favourites Box – Ideally give to someone who’ll let you share.
17. “The Husband” Book – Good one for brand new or very worn in hubbys.
For The Others
Put yourself firmly at the top of Father Christmas’ nice list.
With all of the excitement and sparkle around Christmas it’s easy to get wrapped up and swept away with it all.
This is the time of year when even the smallest gesture can have the biggest impact.
Please consider just buying one or two pressies for people you’ll never meet. Those who are struggling, without loved ones, alone, out in the cold or fleeing their own personal hell.
Give a home to a family without one (£5 – £80)
Give a gift to women and children fleeing domestic violence (£5 – 3100)
Give warm clothing to a child in Syria (£34)
Give a sleeping bag, a tent, a blanket to refugees in Calais (£10 – £100)
Teach someone to read (£10)
Immunize a child (and more) (£10)
Fuel a lifeboat (£10 – £100)
Do whatever speaks to you. And put at least one on your Christmas list for others to buy you too.
If we all chipped in just a little we could make one hell of a difference!